Tuesday 11 October 2016

Module 2 The Question!

Hi Everyone,

Well aftera nice long break for the summer i am back and ready to begin Module 2 of my BAPP.
Throughout this Module we have to begin to find our question that we will use for our professional inquiry.
Now for a while over and over the summer and towards the the start of the new academic year i have begun to notice a particular demand for Acrobatic dance and gymnastics skills.
As i am not qualified in this genre i have found this has posed a particular quandry for me as a teacher in two ways really.

1. other dance schools in my area seem to offer these classes and so many of pupils are branching out to other schools therefore potentialy threatening loss of buisness.

2.the increased risk of injury to pupils as they experiment at home without proper training or supervision.


This has led me to lots of different avenues of thinking.

  • how can dance schools possibly keep up with the demand of the latest fads and trends?
  • do i do the course to become qualified to join the trend and please the masses, even thogh ethicly it might not be something i agree with?
  • why is traditional dance no longer good enough for parents and students 
After having all these thoughts and being unsure as to how to move forward as a teacher in this area i have begun to write out and explore possible questions for my propsal for my professional inquiry whihc have now been posed to my SIG group.

I already have professionals from outside the course on my SIG but it would be nice to see how others feel about this on the course.

I wondered if anyone else has ever felt the same way as me and if so maybe you might like to join my SIG group?!

I look forward to hearing peoples feedback and am intrigued to see other peoples interests as we move forward in Module 2.


1 comment:

  1. Charlie
    you may have already discussed this with Adesola - but I am interested in what you are talking about when you say trends - that is crucial to seeing what context you are working within for the inquiry
    you are not trying to prove something - but what is wrong with being qualified?
    what do you mean by qualified - ? level or expertise - work role? goes back to ideas of professionalism - Lester etc. - will put him up on my blog again...
    Good start to searching a topic or area of interest.

    ReplyDelete